Ultra HiQ-CBR 0505 Series surface mount multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs)
KEMET’s Ultra HiQ-CBR 0505 Series surface mount multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs) in C0G dielectric feature a robust and exceptionally stable copper electrode dielectric system as well as a square case size that offers excellent low loss performance (ultra high Q). These devices provide extremely low ESR and high self-resonance characteristics, and are well-suited for higher power applications where minimal heating due to I2R losses are a factor. CBR Series capacitors exhibit no change in capacitance with respect to time and voltage, and boast a negligible change in capacitance with reference to ambient temperature. Capacitance change is limited to ±30 ppm/ ºC from −55°C to +125°C.
Features and Benefits
- Ultra high Q and extremely low ESR
- 0505 Square case size for higher SRF versus standard EIA case sizes
- High thermal stability
- 1 MHz to 50 GHz frequency range
- Operating temperature range of −55°C to +125°C
- Base metal electrode (BME) dielectric system
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- DC voltage rating of 250 V
- Capacitance offerings ranging from 0.4 pF up to 100 pF
- Available capacitance tolerances of ±0.05 pF, ±0.1 pF, ±0.25 pF, ±0.5 pF, ±1%, ±2%, and ±5%
- Typical applications include critical timing, tuning, bypass,coupling, feedback, filtering, impedance matching and DC blocking.
- Field applications include wireless and cellular base stations, wireless LAN, subscriber-based wireless services, wireless broadcast equipment, satellite communications, RF power amplifier (PA) modules, filters, voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), PAs, matching networks, RF modules, satellite communications and medical electronics.