12V-Input DC-DC Delivers 240W of PoE-Compliant Power
Murata has announced the SPC-54/4.4-L12PG-C, which is designed to deliver isolated 54V Power over Ethernet (PoE) at up to 240W. This very compact SIP (single inline package) module can power up to nine PoE devices at 25.5W from a 12V source.
The SPC-54/4.4-L12PG-C was developed to deliver power to Ethernet devices over traditional Cat 5 network cables in accordance with IEEE 802.3 PoE requirements. This unique PoE source module is designed to operate in applications that support a 12V power source, converting 12Vdc to 54Vdc at 240W, to power and support multiple PoE devices.
Features and Benefits
- 240 Watts total output power
- 94% Ultra-high effi ciency @ full load, 100LFM
- 12V Input (11-13.2V range)4.2V/4.44A Output for PoE+ (Power-over-Ethernet)
- Input Over/Under Voltage Shutdown
- 320kHz fi xed switching frequency
- Fully isolated, 2250V (BASIC)
- Low 500mVp-p ripple/noise max value.
- PGOOD signal
- Stable no-load operation
- Thermal shutdown
- Fully I/O protected
- UL 1950/IEC/EN60950 certifi cation
- Output over voltage latch