Vendor Managed Inventory / Consignment
Avnet leverages its global footprint to offer efficient, cost effective solutions to supplier-related OEM & contract manufacturing inventory management needs. Customers can improve their global reach, avoid redundant infrastructure and improve their own customer service while leaving inventory management to Avnet. Under the vendor managed inventory (VMI) model, Avnet assumes ownership of the customer’s inventory and assumes responsibility for all raw materials prior to the point of consumption – reducing the cost of inventory, and transaction cost for the customer. At the same time, having Avnet owned on-site inventory ensures access to stock and a continuous flow of components to the production line on a just-in-time basis.
Avnet’s VMI tools provide a lower total cost of ownership to you in the following ways:
- Reduces asset costs by shifting ownership of product to Avnet
- Ownership transfers only at time of consumption resulting in higher level of working capital available
- Reduces inventory investment
- Optimizes cash-to-cash cycle time
- Reduces transaction costs
By transferring your ownership of inventory to Avnet SCS through VMI, we assume the responsibility of your raw materials to point of consumption. As a result, your balance sheet will become more powerful and you will have more working capital to operate your business.
Avnet also offers a Proximity Warehouse solution to support your critical requirements. A Proximity Warehouse incorporates the elements of an InPlant Store, but moves the material off-site into a warehouse that is in the proximity of the manufacturing facility.
In addition to the InPlant Store benefits, the Proximity Warehouse solution also offers:
- Off-load warehouse and receiving activity
- Off-site inventory, but local
- Off-site Inventory also allows you to utilize existing on-site warehouse space for manufacturing expansion
Avnet’s Bonded Inventory Planning Program (BIPP) is an entry-level program for companies beginning to operate collaboratively with their supply chain partners. Using a customer-specific assigned supply chain analyst and automated planning tools, the BIPP model bonds inventory in Avnet’s corporate distribution centers, monitors inventory levels and pipelines MRP requirements out to a manufacturer’s lead-time.
Avnet offers many services geared toward customers that need options based on production volume, global scale and overall cost. Our core services enable customers flexibility in complex supply chain needs.
- Electronic Data Interchange
- InPlant or OutPlant stores
- Inventory & Order Visibility
- Inventory Replenishment
- Obsolescence Services
- Vendor Managed Inventory / Consignment